Sunday, April 4, 2010

Palm Sunday and Visita Iglesia 2010

I was supposed to check on the 7palabras crew but my Ninang told me that after the 815 mass, we will be going on a trip to Batangas -- for our annual family Visita Iglesia. So I got up early, rounded up the rest of the Ministry of the Word to rehearse for the gospel for the 930 English Mass.

We left Victoria at around 10 am. This was the first Visita Iglesia that we used two vehicles. Our family is already too big for just one. I shared the red car with Erj, Mom, Tita Evie and Tito Roy. Ninang and her family used the gold car.

Our first stop was St John the Baptist, Calamba, Laguna.


I wasn't able to take many pictures because there was some sort of mass baptism going on. And I was also sort of lost. Medyo na-disorient kasi ako sa boses nung nagsasalita. Let's not elaborate on who and what that voice was saying. Let's move on...

Our second stop was Sto. Tomas, Batangas. When we got there, a wedding (or I think it was two) just took place.


Then Tanauan. I wasn't able to get a picture of the facade because there were 5 funeral masses happening simultaneously. Medyo dyahe naman. But the church was enormous and really airy.



Our next church was another church dedicated to Nuestra Senora de la Soledad. It was one of the prettiest (yes, pretty) churches I have seen. It was very simple and airy too, much like Tanauan's other church. When we were leaving, they were also preparing for another wedding.

Next is another one of the simplest churches I have seen -- Malvar. Aside from the annoying smell of pigpens, it was a relatively peaceful-looking church. But I have been there a couple of times before. Isn't really something new.

Our sixth church is San Sebastian Cathedral, Lipa. The seat of the Diocese of Lipa. Like many other cathedrals or old churches I have visited before. It seemed a little depressing. Almost no sunlight creeps in. The walls are filled with murals that, in my opinion, added to the dark, sinister look.

Our last stop was the Monastery of Mt Carmel, also in Lipa. I have been here before, too. Around seven years ago. But I enjoyed my visit now than before.


After we visited the churches, in true Mommy fashion, we dropped by SM Lipa to buy a few stuff. (Got a new pair of maryjanes from Hush Puppies!) Then we went home. We arrived just in time to catch one of those campaign thingies of Joey Lina and his party. But being too tired, we just headed home and I got ready for the next day. It's time to check up on the 7palabras presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment