Sunday, April 4, 2010

Last Day of YL II



Our monthlong exams (and year level two) culminated with an OSCE (Observed Structured Clinical Exam) from the Internal Medicine Department. So with our new Littmann Stethoscopes (Nikki and I bought the Master Cardio, some of our classmates say that its too much, we say its good investment), we reluctantly faced our preceptors. Medyo nakakakaba kasi I did not feel that I was ready enough because of the final exams. Syempre inuna ko yung mga sa finals and then, we received an email saying that the OSCE is 50% of our grade for IC2 this semester. Okay. So panic attack again. Plus my wisdom tooth decided to act up so I was tired and pain was getting the better of me.

That morning, I scheduled an appointment with my aunt, a dentist, to look at my aching tooth. But until she sees it in the afternoon, I have to endure the excruciating pain -- which meant I have to bear with it through out the whole OSCE.

OSCE wasn't perfect. Wasn't able to do some of the manuevers in the abdomen exam as well as in the cardio exam. Time run out. My respiratory exam was better but the preceptor told me to practice percussion more -- I wasn't able to percuss efficiently. The only exam that I did well was general appearance and HEENT.

After which, I, with mom, went to Bulacan to visit lola and to have my tooth fixed. Auntie told me to have it x-rayed. And a surgery could be done if it hurts again. (Sigh) X-ray is easy... but surgery? I will have to think about this.

We left Bulacan around 5pm to finally go home to Laguna. I was tired, my body ached, my mind wants to rest for even just a while. But I can't, at least not for the next week. Holy Week is one of my busiest weeks in the Parish. I am hoping that the kids have all stuff we need already, so that 7palabras will turn out better this year (fingers crossed!).


No comments:

Post a Comment